What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

12 hours ago, Turbogirlie said:

Took the GT out for the first time this year.  55 mile round trip of a good mix of the delightfully twisty B roads of North Herefordshire/South Shropshire and a blast along the A49 from Craven Arms to the Cadbury's roundabout at Marlbrook, then home.  Still grinning. ;-)

Lovely part of the world.

My parents used to live in Marden and I still go back that way whenever possible.

Particularly like the road over Bringsty down to Bromyard and on to Sutton St Nich.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

Rode to Swindon yesterday afternoon (Sunday the 25th) on the Himalayan via the M1 / A42 / A5 / Fosse Way from Sheffield, £29 Premier Inn night stop, rode back today, 382 miles, 11 dead deer, 17 dead Badgers...!!

Was amazed at the carpets of Bluebells in the road side forestry ......😀😀

20210425_170601.thumb.jpg.9335926deb64eb2c358a0dc309d4cfac.jpg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Lovely part of the world.

My parents used to live in Marden and I still go back that way whenever possible.

Particularly like the road over Bringsty down to Bromyard and on to Sutton St Nich.

Cheers

Ian

The A44 from Worcester to Leominster is a cracking road to ride. :)

20 hours ago, fastbob said:

Beautiful riding country . I pass through those places as often as I can when I'm on my way to Wales . Have you been down the Vale of Kerry ( Ceri ) ? The road starts a few miles north of Craven Arms and ends in Newtown . 

Not as yet, had a 12+ year hiatus from biking due to a prolapsed disc in my neck.  But lockdown restrictions allowing, there's loads of local roads to us here on the Welsh Marches to explore this summer, as I gain more confidence on the GT.  So glad we live where we do. :)

23 hours ago, Turbogirlie said:

Took the GT out for the first time this year.  55 mile round trip of a good mix of the delightfully twisty B roads of North Herefordshire/South Shropshire and a blast along the A49 from Craven Arms to the Cadbury's roundabout at Marlbrook, then home.  Still grinning. ;-)

And went out after work tonight (currently WFH) to get my head space back into some equilibrium and get fuel which I should have yesterday...any excuse for a ride now, even a short 23 mile round trip.  Well worth it. :)  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Turbogirlie said:

The A44 from Worcester to Leominster is a cracking road to ride. :)

The A44 from Stowe on the Wold  to Aberystwyth is even better ! It's got a bit of everything from Dual Carriageway to Cattle grids . One of my greatest achievements was riding my ER5 from Aberystwyth to Coventry with an almost completely burned out clutch . I learned a few new riding techniques very quickly . 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, fastbob said:

The A44 from Stowe on the Wold  to Aberystwyth is even better ! It's got a bit of everything from Dual Carriageway to Cattle grids . One of my greatest achievements was riding my ER5 from Aberystwyth to Coventry with an almost completely burned out clutch . I learned a few new riding techniques very quickly . 

That's some achievement, especially through the Fforest bends... I've a friend who lives on the A44 at Llandegley Rhos who tells me that sadly too many people are driving very badly since lockdown has eased... 

43 minutes ago, Turbogirlie said:

That's some achievement, especially through the Fforest bends... I've a friend who lives on the A44 at Llandegley Rhos who tells me that sadly too many people are driving very badly since lockdown has eased... 

I know the Forest Bends bit that you mean . Luckily it was a warm Saturday evening and there was zero traffic . As long as I could keep my momentum up I was ok . I just couldn't open the throttle at all without the engine running away . 

• Like 1

Topped the oil up on the Himalayan ... a long run always depletes big singles oil ... 200ml got it back to the top indicator line . 

On 24/04/2021 at 17:38, onesea said:

blow them on!
seriously so much easier, a little air pressure on the inside and they slide on with a cousin of air.

I used a dinghy/ camp bed pump.  Or get you misses on her knees just don’t forget the third handle 🥴😂

Ahahahaha! No! 😂