What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Went out to fill the VanVan up with petrol for winter storage. 30 mile round trip on dry roads in beautiful sunshine. I don't really ride that bike enough.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bonio said:

Went out to fill the VanVan up with petrol for winter storage. 30 mile round trip on dry roads in beautiful sunshine. I don't really ride that bike enough.

I miss my VanVan. Cracking bike. If I'd known I would end up living where we do I'd have kept it as it's the ideal bike for round here. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Why is it that everything used to service bikes these days is a pretty colour?

My oil is the colour of cranberry juice and the brake lube is fluorescent purple. In the good days it was all black or brown.

IMG_20211104_151124572.jpg

Maybe it's made to be idiot proof these days :D

25 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Why is it that everything used to service bikes these days is a pretty colour?

My oil is the colour of cranberry juice and the brake lube is fluorescent purple. In the good days it was all black or brown.

IMG_20211104_151124572.jpg

Please tell me that you're not resting a pot of something corrosive on the bike's seat... 😳😱

I spent the afternoon fitting a top box to a pillion seat, for me nephew.

Well when a rack for top box costs as much as a 1/2 decent top box and second hand pillion seal costs £8 on eBay and you have old top box because base was broken £12 for easy fit top box seemed a good idea…

It also means he’s got more excuse to rides to go shopping!

Rode to SportsBike shop in Bristol and bought some Keis heated liner gloves as I got a heated vest for my birthday and thought I'd link the two bits of kit as I can run them off my bike. Somewhat peeved to discover that the gloves were pre-2020 versions and the (extra cost) connectors were latest version. Bloody things don't  match up so had to buy 2 connectors at an additional £14 delivered. Grumpy growl.

Took it out for a bimble. Got fed up of doing nought, so went for it. Just stuck to roads around Northampton, but still almost drained a tankfull.

Got back home and cleaned it, then decided to fit the panniers I bought from ebay. 

Finger now unbuddied from one next to it, no pain as such, but finger still looks odd, and shoulder stood up to the punishment, so looking hopeful to get out on it more🤞

• Like 1

Rear wheel out on the GS125 and new 3" x 18 K82 tyre fitted. While it was out changed the 2 wheel bearings and the sprocket hub bearing.

full story, with pics here.

• Like 1

On 04/11/2021 at 17:33, S-Westerly said:

Rode to SportsBike shop in Bristol and bought some Keis heated liner gloves as I got a heated vest for my birthday and thought I'd link the two bits of kit as I can run them off my bike. Somewhat peeved to discover that the gloves were pre-2020 versions and the (extra cost) connectors were latest version. Bloody things don't  match up so had to buy 2 connectors at an additional £14 delivered. Grumpy growl.

Return it! 

I’m short a few fittings for the bathroom that I’m installing, preventing me from progressing. Shame. I had to go for a spin on the bike instead …

A good route taking in Alston, Hartside, Martindale, Greystoke and Armanthwaite. Now I have to wash the bike. 🤔

F80F508E-668F-4DD8-BCE9-A0D50B5C5D4E.jpeg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, bonio said:

I really like Alston. Cracking roads in all directions.

Great scenery too - your picture is perfect. 

Shhh. Don’t tell everyone about Alston… 😁 

The photo was taken near Martindale. It’s an area we’ve walked a lot, both along nearby Boredale and on the surrounding fells. 

• Like 1

Took the shadow off the garage, 

Then the trailer and the air compressor

reversed the Pan European, reversed the shadow and got her back in the garage together with the trailer and the compressor :thumb: 

4 minutes ago, Pbassred said:

Drilled the Missus arount the Mod 1 cones for an hour and killed my brake light switch.  The second in 2 months

Leaving aside the danger in which you have placed yourself with the opening of that sentence....I have found that brake light switches come with no lubricant inside them at all and fail very quickly.

I took mine to bits, added a tiny amount of thin grease, it's worked for ages since then.

1 hour ago, Fish said:

I put the warm layer into my textiles as it's getting a little chilly out there

Went for a spin yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours, thought it was a bit nippy, on getting home there was the quilted inner for my leathers hanging on the wardrobe door - I was convinced I’d zipped it in earlier 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Almost forgot to mention.

Replaced insoles with gel insoles.

After spending several days drying the boots, yes I know I need to get new ones.

Last time out I just put the gel over the existing insoles and it felt great but a wee bit tight.

So I removed the old ones.

The gel insoles I got from Home bargains some time ago. :thumb: 

The good thing about it is that is a one size that you will cut to fit yours. And they are great.