What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

35 minutes ago, Jim543 said:

Had bike out today for first time since i bought it 5 weeks ago came home and forgot how to take helmet off and panicked and took claustrophobia and cut strap to get it off ,cost me £200 fekkkkkkkkkkkk 

I once came home and the visor had frozen closed. Since I wear glasses I was stuck and blind as it misted up completely. I had to stick my head under the shower to defrost the visor. 

You can hopefully get a replacement strap.

Went out for a spin today while it was nice and sunny 

Opted for leathers 

It looked warmer than it was 🥶

Also ordered an exhaust servo eliminator for it as they are known for seizing up and mine it staring to play up 

Got a MOT for the DRZ. Wouldn't start at first, probably flooded the carb so gave it a rest and after a while it finally got going. Shouldn't have left it so long.

On 16/03/2022 at 18:33, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I once came home and the visor had frozen closed. Since I wear glasses I was stuck and blind as it misted up completely. I had to stick my head under the shower to defrost the visor. 

You can hopefully get a replacement strap.

Hope that doesnt happen to me or il defo take heart attack, perhaps i should be knitting instead ,the bike should be dangerous not the gear 😆

• Haha 1

Covid free at last so a little bumble out to Malvern stopped off at British Camp for a coffee and piece of bread pudding and another slow ride back. Still a lot of mist around late morning. Pics looked better from lower down

IMG-20220318-WA0007.jpg

• Like 4

Rode to work. The fog created a layer of moisture on the inside of the visor, like looking through vaseline. Opened the visor and froze my face off. Was much more fun on the way home in the sun.

New brake pads fitted, not too difficult of a job, and the pistons are okay gave them a quick clean with a fine scotch pad and they pushed back no problem.

The real twat was the tightening the headstock, had to take the handlebars off to get to slacken off the main nut, tapped the other with a drift about an 1/8 of an inch and all now seated properly.

Took me about an hour and a half to complete both jobs, ready for my dinner now might go to the burger van and test out my handy work :thumb:

• Like 1

When out and grabbed a burger and some brake cleaner from J&S, cleaned the discs and pads, went for a longish ride round some nice twisties to help bed the pads in with plenty of braking, went back home, and after a coffee and some yum yums, changed the oil and filter, all good for another 2000 miles before the next oil change and filter in another 4000 :yay:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dynax said:

When out and grabbed a burger and some brake cleaner from J&S, cleaned the discs and pads, went for a longish ride round some nice twisties to help bed the pads in with plenty of braking, went back home, and after a coffee and some yum yums, changed the oil and filter, all good for another 2000 miles before the next oil change and filter in another 4000 :yay:

Was at j&s myself today too! 

• Like 1

On 16/03/2022 at 17:55, Jim543 said:

Had bike out today for first time since i bought it 5 weeks ago came home and forgot how to take helmet off and panicked and took claustrophobia and cut strap to get it off ,cost me £200 fekkkkkkkkkkkk 

Maybe .. Motorcycling is not for you ....

Panic and Motorbikes are different planets ............

And I’m the one actually saying what many will deny they think ...

But don't give up ....

Remember ..

Motorcycling is next to flying ... I do both .. Panic has no place in either ..

Process and Routine will help .. 

• Like 1

20220320_142656.thumb.jpg.9d13d2973dcc7911eac6f30563726c72.jpgcleaned my best girl again lol 

Been sneaking out for evening rides which has accumulated suprising amounts of crud which needed removing. 

After all she is 18 years old now 

cheers 

Ian

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Cleaned the bike, and prepped for day 1 of 7 round France tomorrow. Can’t wait. 

2C27BFEF-7DB4-4C3D-9A91-BC6D6CED7665.jpeg

Beautiful weather, lovely scenery…

oh and my bag feel off and became wedged on the back wheel. 😭

Laptop ruined! Guess I’m lucky my weeks  clothing isn’t scattered across the French motorway. 🙃

DCF6C1C3-D73D-41B9-BF87-59828CB55210.thumb.jpeg.8cadcb2ea656b3e8b582590b7e8007c1.jpeg

• Sad 8

5 minutes ago, Joe85 said:

Laptop ruined! Guess I’m lucky my weeks  clothing isn’t scattered across the French motorway. 🙃

DCF6C1C3-D73D-41B9-BF87-59828CB55210.thumb.jpeg.8cadcb2ea656b3e8b582590b7e8007c1.jpeg

That's bad luck but least it didn't end up properly wrapped around the rear wheel 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Joe85 said:

Lucky it didn't cause you to be scattered across France! Bit crap for you though.

• Like 2

On 28/02/2022 at 14:04, geofferz said:

Hmm spicy! 

20220228_140317.thumb.jpg.72798cdc2e78fc68357f30071cfd9af3.jpg

I told my mechanic I just wanted it rideable so clip on only and I'll do the rest in time, they thought I asked for the foot rest too (which I didn't cos I found a used oem one in ebay for £42) but they very kindly did it for me for £166 so I'm happy. Rode him very very carefully, washed it, and cried at all the cracked panels. Ah well, I'll sort it in time. 

• Like 1