XMAS Presents

Fish

It's usually something for the bike .... In our house though my missus tells me to order what I want, "within reason", I then give it to her, she wraps it up and I unwrap it again on Christmas Day! .... 🙄

1 hour ago, Bender said:

Sorry I don't know what you should buy either. 

Me and Mrs gave up buying presents ages ago, for each other that is. 

Me & Missus Mickly are the same, I usually get permission to spend my own money on a combined Birthday & Christmas present for myself with no ( well not many ) questions asked, so this year I got a crash helmet & Cardo Freecom 1+ while at the Bikeshow.

In return I don’t question how much she spends on the Grandkids - works well.

• Like 1

We both struggled this year! 

I ordered my own got it delivered opened them o check them and left them in the boxes in the hallway waiting to be wrapped :roll:

I have seen them more in the past week than I will in 3 months once they are in the garage! 

2 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Every year my Wife asks me what I'd want. I think of something and tell her and she always responds with

"That's stupid, I'm not getting that!!" :roll:

100% this. 🙄 Although not a wife. 

Then proceeds to spend the same or even more, on multiple things that are completely pointless/unwanted.

• Like 3

We’ve had 3 “presents for xmas” arrive in the post today ..... if present is the right description ...

My wife has been awarded Personal Independence Payment ........ Back dated to May 2020 !!!!

£X,000 in the bank today ... 

And in the same post delivery....

An outstanding balance £2000+ loan with Barclays has been written off by the bank as it was sold to us “inappropriately “...

And a cheque from Lloyds Bank for £133 for overcharged  fees ..... 

Really .......

We are slightly happy ...... 🤣

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, peatear said:

100% this. 🙄 Although not a wife. 

Then proceeds to spend the same or even more, on multiple things that are completely pointless/unwanted.

This is how we do it ...

I have ordered a new rucksack from SportsBikeShop and a PAW diesel engine, from Progress Aero Works.

They arrive addressed to Julie .... Julie wraps them for christmass and refunds  the invoices to my bank account .... 

Hey Presto ..... presents i actually want, paid for by Julie and opened on Christmass day ... 

1 hour ago, Mr Fro said:

Last year the wife said she wanted an IPhone so I got her an iPhone.

I told her I wanted a blow job... I'm still waiting...

how do i delete a post ?

Edited by Trooper74
r3frfrf

6 hours ago, manxie49 said:

It's usually something for the bike .... In our house though my missus tells me to order what I want, "within reason", I then give it to her, she wraps it up and I unwrap it again on Christmas Day! .... 🙄

sounds good

I gave a list:

Air filter for trophy,

Exhausts for trophy,

Autopilot,

Stove Top fan for boat,

Lawn Mower,

New Forestay,

Exhaust Elbow,

Switch Panel,

A few others I cannot think of, all parts numbers etc supplied.

The way We look at it is a Christmas list is not so much a wish list, just a warning of what I am going to spend money on in the near future….

She hinted at a few things, I bought the cheapest Wellington boots for walking dogs.  I cannot get them wrong can I?

The rest she will buy herself, how does a bloke buy shoes for work or a new dress or curtains,  I tried buying things like this before i get it wrong…

I got asked to paint the hall and given a colour sample. apparently the sample was green not yellow/ orange, how was I to know?

Try it one day choose her 👠  from her existing collection they will be wrong for some inexplicable reason…

Edited by onesea
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, onesea said:

I gave a list:

Air filter for trophy,

Exhausts for trophy,

Autopilot,

Stove Top fan for boat,

Lawn Mower,

New Forestay,

Exhaust Elbow,

Switch Panel,

A few others I cannot think of, all parts numbers etc supplied.

The way We look at it is a Christmas list is not so much a wish list, just a warning of what I am going to spend money on in the near future….

She hinted at a few things, I bought the cheapest Wellington boots for walking dogs.  I cannot get them wrong can I?

The rest she will buy herself, how does a bloke buy shoes for work or a new dress or curtains,  I tried buying things like this before i get it wrong…

I got asked to paint the hall and given a colour sample. apparently the sample was green not yellow/ orange, how was I to know?

Try it one day choose her 👠  from her existing collection they will be wrong for some inexplicable reason…

True dat.

Wife wanted some new boots this year. "I'm not falling for that one again!" says I and handed her my credit card telling her to buy whatever she wanted.

A few days later 3 pairs of boots turned up which she tried on, mulled over and decided she didn't like and it was still my fault!

You just can't win some times!

• Haha 4

This year I've bought my girlfriend a Fujifilm polaroid camera, the retro looking one.

It has a built in timer so rather than rely on the minuscule selfie mirror on it, I got her a tripod so she can line up a shot and take it with her/family in it. 

Also got her a bunch of bath stuff, and chocolate. 

For me, I think from the shape of the box she's gotten me a digital torque wrench. I've got 2 of the click type ones but always fancied the digital. Parents are getting me a bore-scope inspection camera, I've got dad a proper battery charger, and mum a dremel as she's into making stained glass ornaments. Both brother and sister basically just wanted money and chocolate, and they're both buying me bits for my blackbird. So a good haul hopefully!

• Like 1

Julie ... gold earrings, fluffy socks, Winnie the Poo pyjamas ..... Me ... (😆)

Connor ... Upgraded print head for his Ultimaker 3d printer, 2 litres of resin for his resin printer, 2 litres of Iso propyl alcohol. All in a box wrapped in pretty paper .. he’s already had the Razer Blade 14 super computer laptop.

Molly .. Gold signet ring, new phone and phone contract.

Ella .. Hoverboard, new phone and phone contract.

Riley .. Paw Patrol Jeep with action figures.

And lots of sweets and stuff.

Edited by Trooper74

Up to a couple of years ago we’d have a joint present of a weekend away. It could be to London to take in a show, or at a smart hotel somewhere where we can visit gardens. Now we tend to buy each other stuff for the house or garden. This year she’s getting a carved wood statue to site somewhere in the garden (validated by her girls, so I’m feeling quite good about it).

The Mrs Loves buying all the presents and organising food and drinks. As for me, I don't want for presents, never have done. As long as I see the kids enjoy it and I can see they're happy and having fun, I'm content with a glass of Malt.  

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Pie man said:

The Mrs Loves buying all the presents and organising food and drinks. As for me, I don't want for presents, never have done. As long as I see the kids enjoy it and I can see they're happy and having fun, I'm content with a glass of Malt.  

I'm happy with a glass of pretty much anything 😁 

Not milk or water or  pop or fruit juice mind 😂 

• Like 1