What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

On 23/02/2022 at 15:19, geofferz said:

Crashed it. My first one! Brand new tyres fitted 30 seconds earlier - the guy said 'be careful, they're slippery - a chap binned his the other day on that corner'. Then I binned it, on that corner, going super slow. I'm fine, just ego bruised. #atgatt

20220223_143259.thumb.jpg.bdf2a95bc174be9949cd662f79648c59.jpg

20220223_143237.thumb.jpg.b3f7ac567cebbaee91d8cef776fde850.jpg

Hmm spicy! 

20220228_140317.thumb.jpg.72798cdc2e78fc68357f30071cfd9af3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, geofferz said:

This bike was 15k...

May I ask have you involved insurance company or are you going to put your hand deep in your pocket and chalk it down to experience.

I ask because despite the costs the structural damage doesn`t seem so bad and I wouldn`t want to give the buggers the opportunity to write off a perfectly good machine.

Cheers

Ian

Stripped the top box today to take a look and fix an issue I had with it! 

What a frigging piece of work that thing is! 

There must be a total of around 50 screws holding the thing together and while its a good bit of kit I really don't think its all that necessary to be that bloody complicated :roll: 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Stu said:

Stripped the top box today to take a look and fix an issue I had with it! 

What a frigging piece of work that thing is! 

There must be a total of around 50 screws holding the thing together and while its a good bit of kit I really don't think its all that necessary to be that bloody complicated :roll: 

Did you need  to use 15 different screwdriver shapes?

• Haha 1

so with my arthritis the way it is and not getting any better i need a small light road  bike so i have decided to look around for a honda cb 250 nighthawk, i know they might be getting on a bit but it will do what i want it for 

25 minutes ago, Bender said:

@Stuhas a full set of council screwdrivers 

Screenshot_20220228-220911~2.png

I've always wanted one of those Estwings with the leather handle. With the cost I wouldn't dare use the bloody thing as a hammer if I got one though :lol:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, skyrider said:

so with my arthritis the way it is and not getting any better i need a small light road  bike so i have decided to look around for a honda cb 250 nighthawk, i know they might be getting on a bit but it will do what i want it for 

There are still some well maintained examples put there. There are a few grey importers of a variety of 250s in the UK. 

1 minute ago, onesea said:

And an electric screw driver 😁

Tell me they where all different lengths so you had to work out where to put them back...

Nope I used all my bare hands :lol: 

And there was only 3 types of screws with 2 different lengths! I was pretty surprised to be honest 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, skyrider said:

I have  the CB250 TWO FIFTY version, exactly the same as the nighthawk, and I want to sell it due to landlord wanting garage back. 

12 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

May I ask have you involved insurance company or are you going to put your hand deep in your pocket and chalk it down to experience.

I ask because despite the costs the structural damage doesn`t seem so bad and I wouldn`t want to give the buggers the opportunity to write off a perfectly good machine.

Cheers

Ian

Nah, it'll just bump my premiums up. For now I'll get the clip on and footrest sorted (I found the latter for sale at £47 on ebay, result) and sort the cosmetic stuff later. Might add carbon bits, not sure. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, billy sugger said:

I have  the CB250 TWO FIFTY version, exactly the same as the nighthawk, and I want to sell it due to landlord wanting garage back. 

Funnily enough I was looking at one today in a car park near us. The guy pulled in and it was in mint condition so I had to say how well he'd kept it. 

I'd been looking at one as a project but it was beyond my budget for the condition it was in. 

10 hours ago, billy sugger said:

any photos ?

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Another good day so another ride for "breakfast" at 1pm :lol: 

Went for a 50k spin during the lunch break

cool but bright day here :-)

• Like 1

Took the rear shock out of VFR to send it back to Hagon for a service, noticed at the end of last year that there was a hole appearing in the rear hugger!!

Haven't had much chance to do much over winter, so thought I better get it sorted before the season starts! I actually blame @Hoggs, for sticking to many Cafes and Farm shops on her Photo challenge😉.

Can't resist not having a Coffee and Cake, can you🤔.

Mind you shock has done over 45000miles since it was built.

SAM_4157.JPG

SAM_4156.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, oldgrump said:

Took the rear shock out of VFR to send it back to Hagon for a service, noticed at the end of last year that there was a hole appearing in the rear hugger!!

Haven't had much chance to do much over winter, so thought I better get it sorted before the season starts! I actually blame @Hoggs, for sticking to many Cafes and Farm shops on her Photo challenge😉.

Can't resist not having a Coffee and Cake, can you🤔.

Mind you shock has done over 45000miles since it was built.

SAM_4157.JPG

SAM_4156.JPG

How come it's so clean? My rear shock gets bloody filthy even with the rear hugger I fitted to help keep road muck off it