What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

21 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

When you say "Both" bikes have you found a way to keep the CG or are you referring to the little French moped?

Fingers crossed for the CG.

Cheers

Ian 

Yes the CG, I will have to keep it insured until it goes, I can't risk having it uninsured for the time being :thumb:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Cleaned it thoroughly yesterday as for the first time in a long while it wasn't too cold to work on it. Then rode to Warminster to have a coffee with a mate then back via Cirencester. Amazingly it was still clean when I got home, no mud and crap all over it.

is peter hammond motorcycles still in cirencester i used to have an x7 from that shop years ago

Fitted a USB plug - also shows battery Voltage, as it’s switched I didn’t bother with a separate relay, just attached it straight to the battery terminals.9B197498-C060-4D7D-A0F5-E9747399DE47.thumb.jpeg.f48cf1be46ec5c4ceb7e6ddc8d00c430.jpegOnly issue was the clip that stops it sliding off the bar mount snapped !! Typical Chinese shite ... not me being heavy handed.. oh no 😇

Bit of proper glue sorted it.

(Pic taken with engine running ... hope I don’t get nicked for that 😲)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Disconnected from my £ 17.99 Automatic Trickle Charger ,  Drained the carb and filled it with fresh fuel , hit the button and she erupted into thunderous life for another summer . 

Screenshot_20210327-142338.png

• Like 7

Just come back after a 2 1/2 hour ride, only went locally and started heading out towards Barnsley then cut across to Rotherham then Bawtry and back home via Hatfield. Quite a few bikers about too so plenty of nodding, I might sort out an early tea then go out for an early evening ride while the weather's nice :thumb:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dynax said:

Just come back after a 2 1/2 hour ride, only went locally and started heading out towards Barnsley then cut across to Rotherham then Bawtry and back home via Hatfield. Quite a few bikers about too so plenty of nodding, I might sort out an early tea then go out for an early evening ride while the weather's nice :thumb:

Bloody hell mate.

Donny, Barnsley and rovrum. 

Living the dream.....lol

• Haha 3

126 miles to Dorchester on Thames and back via interesting roads.

Have to say though Oxfordshire has the most stupid 50 mph limits and cash cameras of anywhere I know. Also away from the A roads the conditions are not good, pot holes, crumbling edges etc.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

126 miles to Dorchester on Thames and back via interesting roads.

Have to say though Oxfordshire has the most stupid 50 mph limits and cash cameras of anywhere I know. Also away from the A roads the conditions are not good, pot holes, crumbling edges etc.

Totally agree I went to Dorchester Dorset at the weekend and drove down the A34 past the Dorchester on Thames turn and agree with everything you have said.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

Went out again yesterday, this time went out towards Thorne through Snaith towards Knottingley, through Pontefract heading towards Barnsley then picked up the A638 back home to Donny. I'm sure there were more bikers out too which was good :thumb:

Today though I need to get some bits from the supermarket then it will be service time for Xena, going to do an oil/filter and coolant change probably drop in a new sparkplug too and check other bits as necessary , then give her a proper wash and polish up and go out again for an hour or two :thumb:

Xena has now been washed and polished, chain cleaned and lubed, and lastly brake discs cleaned. Just having a drink then will go out for a post service ride just to make sure everything okay then get tank topped up :thumb:

Ran a few errands, and picked up a new oil filter tool. The filter on the Bobber is recessed which makes it tricky to get at.

Someone recommended it after he'd tried everything else and this was the only thing that gripped the filter. The harder you turn the harder it grips.

IMG_20210331_142043298_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210331_142100651_HDR.jpg

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog

That's the post service ride taken care of, no issues so that's it for the next 1000 or so miles probably nearer to 2000 though, as I don't really run her hard I did just now though to see if anything showed up but all good :thumb:

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Ran a few errands, and picked up a new oil filter tool. The filter on the Bobber is recessed which makes it tricky to get at.

Someone recommended it after he'd tried everything else and this was the only thing that gripped the filter. The harder you turn the harder it grips.

IMG_20210331_142043298_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210331_142100651_HDR.jpg

Now that does look like a good piece of kit . I bought something vaguely similar which was utterly useless . That thing , on the other hand , with it's spring and serrations looks like it means business . Having said all that , have you considered a K&N with a nut on the end ? 

Phoned an MOT station that I haven't used before , asked whether they MOT Harleys with really loud pipes , the guy said " I bet it's not as loud as mine " Right you are then , see you Friday morning ! Sorted .👍

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Now that does look like a good piece of kit . I bought something vaguely similar which was utterly useless . That thing , on the other hand , with it's spring and serrations looks like it means business . Having said all that , have you considered a K&N with a nut on the end ? 

I have learned that Bobber owners who fit filters with a nut on the end come to regret having done so - the Bobber is rather low to the ground and a few folk have hit something which contacted the nut destroying the filter.  

I was a bit sceptical about this when I first saw it, but it is built like the proverbial brick house of ease and is very solid. Annoyingly I've just done both oil changes so can't play with my new toy for a while yet.