What you doing this weekend?

rennie

6 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I have a very early memory of seeing Mallard in a station and being completely overwhelmed by it. It represented power and speed even just standing still.

That and riding on the driver's cab of the Flying Scotsman. You can understand why every little lad wanted to be an engine driver back then.

When I was about 4 I can remember being in Liverpool Limestreet station after visiting my Dad's ship in I think Hull. As we walked past the steam engine the driver asked me if I'd like to stand on the footplate. For quite a few years after I so wanted to be an engine driver when I grew up.

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

When I was about 4 I can remember being in Liverpool Limestreet station after visiting my Dad's ship in I think Hull. As we walked past the steam engine the driver asked me if I'd like to stand on the footplate. For quite a few years after I so wanted to be an engine driver when I grew up.

I've overtaken the Flying Scotsman on the M6 . The locomotive was being transported on a low loader so I slowed down for a look . 

7 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I have a very early memory of seeing Mallard in a station and being completely overwhelmed by it. It represented power and speed even just standing still.

That and riding on the driver's cab of the Flying Scotsman. You can understand why every little lad wanted to be an engine driver back then.

I met a girl a decade ago who's dad had just qualified to drive them.

Apparently where often caught speeding, as she said a gang of granddad's all having fun stoking and driving.  It was addictive and they did not always care for speed limits 😁

I can just see it, sorry we could not slow down my walking stick fell and jammed the throttle wide open 😂😁😂

• Like 2

Still fettling the bike. New swing arm and shock fitted, swing arm has had several coats of hammerite smooth, after a good clean up and treated with kurust, so should last a while. 

Front forks out and stripped, ready for the new seals. Stantions rubbed back to bare ally, etched primed and painted with simonize black gloss, then clear coat laquerered. Lots of other bits done to tidy up the frame, wheels cleaned, new brake pads fitted and calipers cleaned. 

New instrument panel fitted, so now trip meter and clock work, though mileage is now zero. 

Tomorrow will mostly be putting the forks back together 

Edited by billy sugger
Punctuation
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Pie man said:

On Friday I had a ride over to Colwyn Bay - Betws y coed - Blaenau-Ffestiniog - Bala - Home (204 miles) doing it all again Sunday. Meeting up with an old mate at the Ponderosa Cafe.  :thumb:

If you want a nicer atmosphere and far better food check out Old Stores motorbike cafe which isn't far from the Ponderosa. 

• Like 2

On 23/10/2021 at 22:21, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

If you want a nicer atmosphere and far better food check out Old Stores motorbike cafe which isn't far from the Ponderosa. 

I'm seriously considering doing exactly this! I like the look of the breakfast :thumb:

For the first time, having finished the bluetooth hifi system, I don't have much to do this weekend🤔

Have my B.A.C.A. monthly meeting on Sun but that's about it 😎

Going to be a restful one :thumb: 

And now  bit of a show of.. :P

This is the "brain" 160W amp used

IMG_20211022_191416.thumb.jpg.0e5be14de82074bd6249f69bec4228d1.jpg

And this is the box working. 95db at half volume on BT.

Bass is impressive, far better than I expected.

Still missing the external BT aerial and the small side ports but I believe is another f**kup from RM. 😡 Damn things are sitting in Langley since the 15th Oct.

IMG_20211024_104754_1.thumb.jpg.d63004a32f39a5019a458c8c8400adb0.jpg

Yes it is square :P

57cm X 45cm X 15cm (inch is 2.54cm you calculate it)

There is a wee blinking blue light but after 15 pics I didn't manage to get it on the photo and I can't be bothered taking a shot of a clip, live with it. :D 

Even comes with a remote, so I can operate it while working on the bikes :thumb: 

Not sure if I'll be fitting the red strips covering the screws, gives it an industrial badass rough look :) 

• Like 2

Got to replace the starter motor on the brother-in-laws car then Sunday will be driving up to Bradford for work on Monday. So tempted to take the bike, but don't trust our weather at this time of year.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my waterproofing stuff.

Will be waterproofing the supposed waterproof suit. 🤔

Found this from a seller up in Inverness called gael force.

According to manufacturer it is very good for marine equipment. As far I'm concerned, only boats get worse than bikes when it rains :thumb: 

Instructions say to spray it and leave for at least 6hrs to dry before using.

That will give me time for the flooring afterwards 😀

waterproofing.thumb.jpg.eb63c8564a925f8eba9e7c9c6cec4dd1.jpg

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Fish said:

If it dries up any I'll be going for a ride, first in a couple of weeks.

I haven’t been out on the bike for a couple of months. We’ve had a couple of the kids, with grandchildren and dog, staying for the last week else I’d have gone for a ride on the weekend. Right now I’m thinking I’ll go out on the bike regardless of weather (unless it’s icy). 

• Like 3