What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Plans for this weekend have had to be changed, was planning a trip to Matlock but will now be helping the eldest daughter with some repairs in her house.

At some point the motorhome awning will have to be dried from it's soaking last weekend!

Nowt. 

Back still very bad (not a slipped disc as previously thought, but a snapped muscle, quadratus lumbernum)

Lisa n lad going to Hull for the uni open day , then coast and daughter part time working.

Me, sulking, watching rugby, bikes n footie.

Only trouble is I can't sup on tablets I'm taking

• Sad 3

Working, sleeping (a bit), working, working and getting pissed off with the f**king halfwit next door who we are having to work with. Complete tosser.

Edited by S-Westerly

Not much looking at the weather, however I would like to have a little trip down the Gillingham to check of of the possible routes of the mod 2 

7 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Passing through the Suez Canal and its getting bloody warm too. 

Is it right S-westerly that the container ship Ever Given is still be held in a joining lake on the Suez Canal by the Egyptian authorities until the owners pay for lost trade. I saw a few months ago they were demanding nearly a billion dollars. 

35 minutes ago, Old-codger said:

Is it right S-westerly that the container ship Ever Given is still be held in a joining lake on the Suez Canal by the Egyptian authorities until the owners pay for lost trade. I saw a few months ago they were demanding nearly a billion dollars. 

Looks like another week or 2...

From reading this its not quite clear cut as who was to blame.

When the local advisor tells you to speed? do you or don't you?

Interesting thing the pilot Captain relationship what's your thoughtd @S-Westerly?

https://www.tradewindsnews.com/casualties/ever-given-release-delayed-after-suez-canal-grounding-settlement/2-1-1032990

5 hours ago, onesea said:

Looks like another week or 2...

From reading this its not quite clear cut as who was to blame.

When the local advisor tells you to speed? do you or don't you?

Interesting thing the pilot Captain relationship what's your thoughtd @S-Westerly?

https://www.tradewindsnews.com/casualties/ever-given-release-delayed-after-suez-canal-grounding-settlement/2-1-1032990

Gave the Ever Given a wave as we went past. She's anchored in the Bitter Lakes. Had an interesting chat with our pilot who is obviously tapped into the Egyptian side of things. Other ships of similar size opted not to transit on that day due to the weather - strong winds on the beam. The charterer was pushing them to go through. Suez transit has a speed you are required to do 8-10 knots and box boats usually do it easily. From what I hear she wasn't steering well due to the windage. Slowing down wouldn't have helped in fact may have made things worse. In the section of the canal she was in once she started swinging off course it would have been already too late to recover. Originally the Egyptians were demanding 900 million dollars to release her but have reduced it to 650 million. Can't see that happening either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been out picking blackcurrants, the bushes are alongside the beehives so a cooler day is ideal as the bees aren't flying as much. It's an interesting experience picking fruit when the bush is only a foot or so away from the entrance of a hive with 80,000 buzzies in it. So far, so good.

• Like 2

I'm going to this tomorrow . It'll be all new to me because I've never felt inclined to travel much further east than Bedfordshire . A14 all the way . 

Screenshot_20210703-230351.png

• Like 3

15 hours ago, fastbob said:

I'm going to this tomorrow . It'll be all new to me because I've never felt inclined to travel much further east than Bedfordshire . A14 all the way . 

Don't know if that's even legal these days - discrimination against non-Harleys! Surely there's some organisation such as Japanese Bikes Matter to demonstrate against this.🤯

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, fastbob said:

Wish I had known you could have met us on the way and we could have taken the piss out of all those surveyors/dentists  who wanted to be 1%ers lol.

Cheers

Ian

Today I finished a table for the trailer :)

split in 3 sections so it fits nicely inside the trailer.

Anchors onto the trailer's locks and have 2 removable legs.

Is kept straight by means of the central locking bar while the latch catches keep it together.

Made out of plywood (table) softwood (legs) oak (locking bar) PVC frame and H joining profile.

Think that this completes the trailer :thumb: 

table3.thumb.jpg.d5f0f69e60fb044ca90367e8de36f93a.jpg

table2.thumb.jpg.b9671c5ac87381f61cffd89ef33c877c.jpg

table1.thumb.jpg.2213d806032f860fa324d7d67af2579f.jpg

under1.thumb.jpg.4de01fe09aa47b2a23ebfd4ec1c17477.jpg

under2.thumb.jpg.812f5178ed10d6664c614a969a23bf31.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, husoi said:

Today I finished a table for the trailer :)

split in 3 sections so it fits nicely inside the trailer.

Anchors onto the trailer's locks and have 2 removable legs.

Is kept straight by means of the central locking bar while the latch catches keep it together.

Made out of plywood (table) softwood (legs) oak (locking bar) PVC frame and H joining profile.

Think that this completes the trailer :thumb: 

table3.thumb.jpg.d5f0f69e60fb044ca90367e8de36f93a.jpg

table2.thumb.jpg.b9671c5ac87381f61cffd89ef33c877c.jpg

table1.thumb.jpg.2213d806032f860fa324d7d67af2579f.jpg

under1.thumb.jpg.4de01fe09aa47b2a23ebfd4ec1c17477.jpg

under2.thumb.jpg.812f5178ed10d6664c614a969a23bf31.jpg

just had a flash back to my nans kitchen back in 1971 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Wish I had known you could have met us on the way and we could have taken the piss out of all those surveyors/dentists  who wanted to be 1%ers lol.

Cheers

Ian

You wouldn't have said that at the A14 Services . A very large contingent of well known 1% ers were on the move . 

• Haha 1