What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

6 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Standing by for @Six30 to start making inappropriate comments about Carol Kirkwood !

(only because I can`t think of anything funny enough offhand)

Cheers

Ian

no comments needed....

Who's Carol Kirkwood? Wiki: Weight, Weight Loss, Today, Salary, Net Worth

• Haha 1

Took the shock off ready for the new one arriving tomorrow (long bloody wait!) pretty easy to get off. 

Up on centre stand 
Took rear hugger off. 3 x plastic rivets

Chain cover off. 1 x bolt, 1 x metal clip

3 x lengths of timber wedged under back wheel

Cable tie on front brake. 
Easy access to shock top bolt through designed hole in frame. 
took about 20 mins. 

Working the next 2 days so either get the new one on tomorrow or Wednesday night ready for testing and tweaking Thursday. 

2EA1C622-B634-492A-BA25-3C78E89F91A6.jpeg

Edited by fullscreenaging
  • Like 2

Rode it to and from work, like I do everyday. In keeping with @Stu layby pictures. I have attached a sh1te picture of a layby on the way home from work (the reason I don't post pictures everyday), a picture of the little MT07 sporting a neat little Kriega 30l Rucksack 😂 20210621_170031.thumb.jpg.eceb78f239b4a6bb27c195b47a139740.jpg

20210621_170042.thumb.jpg.287269bcac315d4bd962a629ec34009e.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, fastbob said:

I'm definitely in country now . Just done Invergary to Lochcarron . 

IMG_20210621_143912037_HDR.jpg

Love that road, in fact stopped at the Cluanie Inn, many times, which you had just passed probably 300yds back👍, Anyway enjoy your trip.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Six30 said:

yes we do ... and we dont pull up on deserted roads , under the pretense of getting a good picture , when really your meeting another man and doing a bit of shirt lifting .

pot, kettle , black .  Remember that you are a shirt-lifter par excellence :wank4az:

1 hour ago, oldgrump said:

Love that road, in fact stopped at the Cluanie Inn, many times, which you had just passed probably 300yds back👍, Anyway enjoy your trip.

We used to stop up there as kids, played on the giants beds, large concrete slabs leftover from days gone by, dad still keeps in touch with one of the old landlords,. 

160 mile round trip on Archy today, partly to celebrate the 10th anniversary of my ADR Cervical Surgery on a mix of roads.  Absolutely love the Machynlleth - Dylife mountain road. 

Definitely finding my mojo on the GT.  Happy days.

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 22.11.51.png

• Like 6

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

pot, kettle , black .  Remember that you are a shirt-lifter par excellence :wank4az:

can you say black .... :X:  any way get back to your up hill gardening .

12 hours ago, Pie man said:

Rode it to and from work, like I do everyday. In keeping with @Stu layby pictures. I have attached a sh1te picture of a layby on the way home from work (the reason I don't post pictures everyday), a picture of the little MT07 sporting a neat little Kriega 30l Rucksack 😂 20210621_170031.thumb.jpg.eceb78f239b4a6bb27c195b47a139740.jpg

20210621_170042.thumb.jpg.287269bcac315d4bd962a629ec34009e.jpg

That's a nice lay-by. Classic layout with two tone surface. Definitely one for the collection. Rare to see such a beauty not littered with trucks and caravans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Turbogirlie said:

160 mile round trip on Archy today, partly to celebrate the 10th anniversary of my ADR Cervical Surgery on a mix of roads.  Absolutely love the Machynlleth - Dylife mountain road. 

PS.  Highways agency have shackled the A44 from Llangurig to Ponterwyd with a 50mph speed limit...

• Sad 3

14 hours ago, Turbogirlie said:

Great route that. We went from West mids side through the Shropshire hills to Wales on Sunday, plenty of variations to end up on the Welsh coast for us with some great roads

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Turbogirlie said:

PS.  Highways agency have shackled the A44 from Llangurig to Ponterwyd with a 50mph speed limit...

The 50 mphs are starting to appear in N E Lincs and the now. Appeared on a nice stretch of the A46 from Market Rasen to almost Caistor. It was one of my favourite stretches but I avoid it as much as I can now. 
Also the A18 from the A46 through to almost the A16 was a favourite. Most of it has been a 50 for a good few years but they’ve turned the south end to 50 now. 
We’ll all be grinding to halt soon 😡😡

• Sad 2

We're still pretty clear of 50s round here, but it's only a matter of time. Norfolk is rammed with them already.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, bonio said:

We're still pretty clear of 50s round here, but it's only a matter of time. Norfolk is rammed with them already.

I was thinking of trading in my bike for the new 1100. really just for the quite amazing fuel economy. But... its a speed monster and I think, perhaps a bit of a waste in these times.

err...

202402405_4079971555405552_7465408243255481863_n.jpg

• Haha 3

Not technically the bike, other than riding it for work as usual, but I treated myself to new pair of summer trousers from SBS. Just arranging our Friday ride which is a bit interesting as various folk have to be elsewhere at different times. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fullscreenaging said:

The 50 mphs are starting to appear in N E Lincs and the now. Appeared on a nice stretch of the A46 from Market Rasen to almost Caistor. It was one of my favourite stretches but I avoid it as much as I can now. 
Also the A18 from the A46 through to almost the A16 was a favourite. Most of it has been a 50 for a good few years but they’ve turned the south end to 50 now. 
We’ll all be grinding to halt soon 😡😡

A lot of roads around Bath were reduced to 50 it was very noticeable. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Pie man said:

and then :popcorn:

i'll be choosing a destination , cant book any thing yet , mrs uncle popped his cloggs , waiting for date for funeral .

how inconsiderate ,

• Sad 1